Type 1 AC surge protector
unipolar per phase
36mm width per pole
limp :15kA/25kA/50kA on 10/350µs
EN 61643-11/IEC 61643-11 compliant
The working principle of surge protection device:
The surge arresters commonly defined as SPDs (Surge Protection Devices), are devices designed to protect electric systems and equipment against transient and impulse overvoltages such as those caused by lightning strikes and by electric switching.
Their function is to divert the discharge or impulse current generated by an overvoltage to earth/ground, thereby protecting the equipment downstream.
SPDs are installed in parallel with the electric line to be protected. At the mains rated voltage, they are comparable to an open circuit and have a high impedance at their ends.
In the presence of an overvoltage, this impedance falls to very low values, closing the circuit to earth/ground.
Once the overvoltage has ended, their impedance rises again rapidly to the initial value (very high), returning to open loop conditions.
The first-level lightning protection device can discharge the direct lightning current, or discharge the huge energy conducted when the power transmission line is directly struck by lightning. For places where direct lightning strikes may occur, CLASS-I lightning protection must be carried out.
The TRS-A series type 1 SPDs are available have a impulse current capacity of 15kA, 25KA, 50KA in single-phase or 3-phase configuration and with various voltages in order to protect any type of power supply system.
THOR Type 1 DIN-rail SPD features are offering quick thermal response and perfect cut-off function and providing fast and reliable protection for various power supply systems.And its capacity to safely discharge current with 10/350 μs waveform.
- Electrical Characteristics
- Typ nameTRS-A15
- SPD typeT1
- Max. continuous operating ac. voltage (50 / 60 Hz) （Uc）275V
- Voltage protective level(Up) (kv)≤ 2.0 kv
- Nominal discharge current (8/20μs) (In)15kA
- Max. discharge current (8/20μs) (Imax)---
- Max impulse current（10/350μs）Iimp（kA）15kA
- Residual CurrentNone
- Follow currentNone
- Other Max.voaltge can be option320v,385v,420v,440v....
- Mechanical Characteristics
- TechnologySpark gap
- SPD configuration1Pole, 2pole,3pole,4pole
- Connection to Networkby screw terminals: L/N = 1.5-10mm² (16mm² rigid) or PE = 2.5-25mm² (35 mm² rigid)
- FormatPlug-in modular box
- MountingDin rail 35 mm
- Housing materialFlame retardant plastic
- Working temperature-40℃-- +70℃
- Degree of protectionIP20
- Response time<25ns
- Indication of invalidationNormal: green; invalidation: red
- Remote of signallingcan be option if need
- Dimensionsee diagram